This is me. Hi. Hello! I’m guessing this is the first photo you’ve seen of me, eh? Lookie! I am a human afterall! I added another photo because, why the heck not? Silly, because I dislike how perfect selfies can seem. ’tilt your head this way, elongate your neck, pucker your lips just like so’ It’s tiring, and overused (not that I do it quite like that. Either way, I like normal selfies, too! Just not as fun.) So I give you two! These were actually taken earlier in the day, after coming back from my classes at the uni.
5 Random Facts!
1. I love pens. If you read two posts back from this one, you might have read that I have a habit of breaking the clips off pens accidentally. You may have also noticed that I have a slightly crazy love for these things, and that there’s nothing I value more in stationary than a beautiful pen with beautifully smooth black ink.
2. I am an art student. This isn’t something that I’ve talked about on here yet. I haven’t shown my work on here, either. This is partly to do with me wanting to start a mini-series on here once I get comfortable enough with my drawing tablet. I do have a character in the works that I may or may not use for this mini-series. It may also be a progress sort of thing? I’m not completely sure yet.
3. I’m originally from Texas. I moved to [another state] when I was about 16 with my mom and brothers. I’d love to say we moved out here to follow my acting/singing career, but no. We did come out here to find new opportunities, though. I think we’ve done well. I probably wouldn’t be an art student if not for that. I definitely appreciate the fact that I can go anywhere with public transportation. We didn’t have that in Texas. We also didn’t have the beaches so nearby. It’s amazing, honestly. Still, I do miss Texas and everything associated with my childhood there.
4. I have a stuffed Sloth. My youngest brother brought him back for me from Costa Rica. He went with the church for World Youth Day in Brazil last year. He’s so sweet. 🙂 I forgot Slothy’s name. I did give him one a while ago, but it’s been too long since I’ve had to think on it. Maybe my brother knows. Slothy likes being a creep and staying in the background. He also likes flowers and playing the ukulele. Maybe I’ll introduce him sometime.
5. I’m a princess. At least, that’s what the birthday balloon mom brought a few weeks back says. Funny story though, in my family on my father’s side I’m the only girl and oldest girl of…. I don’t know how many male cousins. For some reason none of my aunts were able to conceive a girl. Same with my mom, I’m the only girl in the family of four children. When I was younger and my grandparents on my father’s side had their ranch, they’d call me ‘Reina de los Martinez’ or ‘Queen of the Martinez.’ The ranch was called ‘Rancho los Martinez’ so I’m assuming that’s what they meant I was queen of, as well as over my cousins. I don’t mind that one bit! haha
And there you have it! My selfies and five random facts! I’m not sure when my next post will be as I’ll be travelling the entirety of this weekend, including tomorrow Friday. Not all day, of course, but I’m taking a roadtrip to the northern part of the state for my cousin’s baby’s baptism. I’ll be sure to double up and write all the posts though! I’ll finish this challenge! [insert determined pose]
If you want to comment on anything written, you can go ahead and do that now. If you’re doing this challenge with me, go ahead and let me know! It doesn’t matter if you’re late or not. You choose your own pace and days. See you next time!